Inspiration!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The past week has been very busy for me. I am graduating from university on Friday so there is a whole range of emotions attached with that. I don't think I ever really believed I could finish my degree or that I would make it this far. But fortunately I surprised even myself on this one and will finally be done with school.

 On top of that I finally took the plunge and booked myself for laser eye surgery, which is something I have been apprehensive about doing but I know it will dramatically change my life. No more glasses!! No more blindly stumbling around searching for glasses when I knock them off the night stand! It is going to be truly life changing!!

I have been contemplating my approach to photo sessions lately. The best ones are the ones that catch moments that may seem insignificant at the time but expose a raw, truthful side of people, families and children. If I could wander through the world and capture at least a fraction of those seemingly insignificant moments and expose their profound reality, I will have accomplished my goal as a photographer.

Kids are naturally photogenic, they are by themselves the most honest individuals around. They laugh when they are joyful and cry when they are sad. We tend to lose this as adults, burying the emotion and the honesty with mundane, everyday activities and busyness. I hope that I can live my life with the kind of pure joy and raw emotion that children do and in turn manifest that through my photography.

Happy May 25th everyone and may the sunshine bring a smile to your face! Here are some darling kids I recently photographed with their little friends :)





No comments :

Post a Comment