Top 5 things I have learned as a mom

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My little baby boy has been a part of this world for 6 months now and I can hardly believe how the time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. I have got it easy. This kid virtually slept through the night from day one. He is the happiest baby I have ever known. He only cries when he is hungry or tired. Easy. Some things have not been so easy however. Here are a few things I have learned in these short 6 months that I have been a mother. 1) Adjusting to receiving unsolicited advice from EVERYONE, even complete strangers. When it comes to kids it seems everyone and their dog has an opinion. They aren't even helpful opinions most of the time. They are usually outdated and they usually get offered up at inopportune times...like when your baby is crying...relentlessly... I have to say, I have had to bite my tongue more than a few times when my stress level has reached a maximum and I hear some little comment from the peanut gallery. 2) Continuous sleep is a thing of the past. Even if your baby is sleeping soundly, it is really hard to turn your brain off, you are constantly worrying about everyone and everything. 3) Babies grow SO fast. Never pass up an opportunity to get on the floor and play with them. Snuggle them. Love them with all of your being. The moment is fleeting. 4) It takes a LONG time to get back to feeling like yourself again. Be patient. Be good to yourself, it really is important. Happy, healthy moms make good moms. 5) Don't expect your partner to just "get" it. They need guidance. Lot's of it. I don't know if it will be different the second, third or fourth time around but it certainly is the case for the first baby. Mothers only hear the cry of their babies, nobody else hears it. We are hardwired that way for a reason but it can be frustrating when no one else hears it and reacts accordingly. Here are some photos of my little munchkin that I absolutely adore. He is growing so fast I can barely keep up. Luckily I never leave the house without my camera and therefore I will always have photographs the remind me of the miracle that is my little boy. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment