Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I have wanted to post pictures and write a post on the birth of my son for a long time now but I haven't been able to put into words just how life changing it really was. All of a sudden your world is so much more than just you. Nothing else matters except this tiny little person. I remember thinking the first time I saw him that I knew nothing about this little creature but he looked so familiar to me. I guess that is because he is the perfect combination of Ryan and me. After four months of motherhood I remain humbled and in awe of the miracle of birth. You spend the nine months leading up to the moment wondering what he will look like and who's personality he will have among a million other things and then all of a sudden the moment is upon you and I have to say it is an experience I will cherish forever. And I would do it again in a heartbeat. In that instant I knew what I was meant to do and that everything I thought I was meant to do was so incredibly insignificant. I have a deeper purpose now, a more meaningful existence. Now I find myself looking at the world in a whole new way, through the eyes of a precious child. They way Liam looks at his mobile turning above him in complete awe at the colors. The way he instantly stops crying when his grandpa plays the guitar for him. The way he gazes at the lights on the Christmas tree. And how a small toy can amuse him for hours as he explores every inch of it, touching, tasting, watching with complete wonder. Through my childs eyes I have gained inspiration for my photography, a new way to view the world. With that, here is Liam Alexander on the morning he was born and since I was in no condition to be taking photos, these are courtesy of my husband <3
Here is one from when he was about 8 days old:
Here we are as a family of three, in our new home which we moved into a week after Liam was born. It was a crazy summer filled with all sorts of real estate stress among other things. But it ended in the best possible way!
Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment